Monday, October 3, 2011

Purpose

I guess I should explain the who, what, and why. 

I am Trachelle, I am a college student at Brigham Young University - Idaho. 

AND

I am a Mormon,
 or more correctly,
 I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. 

I was given an assignment in one of my classes to find something that would bring me closer to Christ. 
I chose to openly express my beliefs about God and Christ through the best way that I know how, in an attempt to help others along their way through this world. 

  • I am a Christian 
  • I believe in God. I know God loves me. 
  • I am God's child. 
  • Christ is my Savior. 
  • I'm a reader and believer of the Book of Mormon. 
  • I am a woman who has a divine purpose. 


Why be Mormon? 
I haven't always had the testimony of this gospel as I do now. 
But, the gospel made sense when nothing else did. 
taking everything in at once doesn't often make sense, but seeing the gospel for what it is does. 
Its a plan of eternal happiness.
Families can be together forever. 
I can be forgiven of my sins, and my faults can be strengths. 
There is a latter-day prophet. I know God would never abandon His children to fight for themselves. 
It outlines right and wrong. 

It makes sense. complete, total sense. When nothing else does, the Gospel does. 

More to come. 


No comments:

Post a Comment